GR COVID-19 Leave Update
All GRs were sent an email from Professor Justin Zobel with the updated details regarding the phasing out of the COVID-19 special leave.
This applies to both paid and unpaid COVID-19 leave.
Please advise your GRs that:
- Covid leave will not be offered or accepted from 1 February 2023, sick leave entitlements should be used instead
- Any existing Covid-leave application with a start date prior to 1 February should be finalised as early as possible
- Any existing Covid-leave application with a start date on or after 1 February should be cancelled or approved under another reason, for example, health, as early as possible
- Any retrospective Covid leave will not be accepted
- GRs who are currently on approved COVID leave with end dates in the future, their leave will be honoured. There will not be retrospective changes to the available leave balance for those who have used paid or unpaid COVID leave prior to 1 February 2023.
COVID-19 Stipend Extensions remain available for candidates with stipends ending in 2023.