Call for EOIs: Google.org Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation – up to $5M USD
Google.org have announced their Impact Challenge on Climate Innovation grant round, closing on 29 July. Advancement is coordinating an internal selection process to ensure the most competitive applications are submitted.
If you are interested in putting forward your project for consideration, please populate this form by COB Monday 18 July.
Google.org want to support the projects that will accelerate advances in climate information and action. The focus is on solutions that help the global community illuminate previously opaque climate challenges and enable collective climate actions. Selected organisations will receive $5M USD in funding, along with access to Google’s technical expertise and products. Projects will need to focus on solutions that expand our understanding of climate change through data, thereby informing our actions and strategies – projects that map emissions on a global scale; that show people the most effective places to restore ecosystems; that help small businesses understand their carbon footprint. Proposals should explain how it will tackle climate change and/or the extent to which it will support others to do so too.
- Ideas should apply technology by creating or enabling new solutions and approaches. Applications can also propose innovative applications of existing technology.
- Projects should be between 12 to 36 months
- Google.org encourage collaboration between multiple organisations.
- Overheads are limited to 10%
- While the project does not need to immediately reach millions of people globally, you should articulate how it could ultimately do so.
- We encourage collaboration between multiple organisations
- Google.org Impact Challenge is not an opportunity to fund research proposals. Projects will need to articulate a clear vision and action plan to create inspiring end impact.
- A 90 second video will be required as part of the application
If you have any queries regarding the Scheme, please contact email@example.com.